20/10/2022

(17-23 October) Instructional Software for 21st Century Teaching / Week 4

 Instructional Software for 21st Century Teaching  

  

  •   Hello again, in this week I will write about our weekly lesson. This week we learned the instructional software for the 21st century teaching.
  •     First, if we need to look at what instructional software is, instructional software is supportive software that has been created to increase and benefit students' participation and learning skills. These programs have been developed to explain some specific topics in general.




  •     We also talked about the Logo programming language. Logo application is a general purpose language developed by Seymour Papert in 1967. This language works on the visualization of various movement and drawing commands by a robot named Turtle. It is also possible to explain this language through a Constructivist approach. 



  •     Our teacher mentioned about the Drill and Practice also. This software allows students to solve problems, while at the same time contributing to the student with quick feedback and evaluations. In addition, as an example of this topic, we researched flash card activity from google and found out what kind of application it is. A good example of this topic is the flash card activity.


  •     I also learned about tutorial software in this course. These software programs are organized in the same way that students study systematically depending on the curriculum and teacher at school. By using them, the student can easily understand the topic without receiving extra support. The PhysicsClasroom website, which my teacher put as an example, also helped me understand the topic, and I think it is a very good example of this software.

  •     Simulation software is also among the things I learned from this course.  These softwares are animation programs that cannot be shown in a physical environment or are based on keeping the demonstrate in a computer environment for limited situations. For example, the Digital Frog website tells students that a lot of things, such as frogs, are biological, chemical, etc. hosts videos of its use in experiments for lectures.

  •     Instructional game and problem solving software were also included in this course. Instructional games are basically motivation-enhancing software that combines the lesson and the game to add Decisiveness to the work and guide the student to the lesson. Problem solving software is a kind of software that transfers critical thinking, basic concepts of problem solving to the student, and develops thinking about meeting difficulties.
    
  •     Integrated learning systems are hardware/software solutions designed to deliver instructional content. The effective delivery of that content is measured, monitored, and maintained with an array of assessment and management tools that may also be part of that system. (Wikipedia. 2021. Integrated Learning Systems )These systems, which are usually used in the educational and academic fields, are becoming increasingly popular. The layout of the subject to be taught works in the form of implementation and student report.



    Coursera Part    

Apart from what our teacher did in class this week, the topic of Learning Technologies Foundations and Applications from the Coursera site is 1. and 2. he also wanted us to complete the activities that took place during the week. On this site, the lesson appeared to me in modules. In the first module, there was a general information about the course. I came across keywords and concepts. When I started the first lesson, I listened to topics such as course overview, achievements, teamwork and the online homework section of the site.I listened to the basics of the subject of "learning" from the instructor, such as what learning is, how it was designed. I also learned the basic goals and scope of E-Learning in this video. In the continuation of the course, we saw some of the results, causes and scopes of the interaction of man and technology. In the other video, the roles of instructional technologies for individual and organizational users were mentioned. We have seen the order of these in the articles. The second week's trainings started with the definition and objectives of technology. Technology is a concept that facilitates human life, serves to achieve goals more comfortably and is becoming more integrated into life day by day.In the video the term of learning technology is describing like that :"Learning technology is the broad range of communication, information, and related technologies that can be used to support learning, teaching, and assessment.( Association for Learning Technology)". This is the briefly explanation of my first coursera experiment. Actually I can not understand the whole topic but I listen the lesson and watch videos.











1 comment:

(26 December - 1 January) Week 14 " Last Week"

  My Last Blog       Hello to everyone for the last time from my blog that I created for the Educational Technologies course. This week is t...